Today I went over UV unwrapping in Blender. Although it wasn't the best, I got the basic understandings of how to do it with tillable textures and using the add on Mio3 to gridify and normalize UV's as well as manually moving and scaling to fit to a texture.
I will look more into designated deeper UV tutorials for Blender soon and I am aware that Blender has not got the best UV tools and it was made evident today. It was making me uncomfortable even manually move edges in the UV islands and making them match the textures. When working like this from using Maya before, the uniform aspect and Texel Density parts are what I liked. Where if you grab those islands in real life and unfolded them they would uniformly match up to fold up into the correct 3D shape you see.
Here is the UV for the foam of the coffee and the mug itself using textures provided from the tutorial. All textures were provided from Poligon from the tutorial.




No comments:
Post a Comment