I went back to Blender and worked on the scatter to surface modifier for the use of sprinkles for the doughnut. I struggled to use this one while applying it. It involved some weight painting too, my nemesis. I began by just making basic cylinder shapes and then played around with the modifier's tools that were available until I reached decent positioning and density. In this stage I was mostly just messing around with the modifier.
From here I went into weight painting and made a basic heat map layout for where I wanted the sprinkles to reside in certain areas. The top being most dense and the sides not so much.
Creating the sprinkles separately and then using the modifier must have caused some issues. When I went into shading the sprinkles did not have randomised colours despite assigning the material to all sprinkles and applying a colour ramp in shading. The sprinkles appeared to show the colour range on the individual originals, however on the modified versions on the doughnut, they only presented one colour. To avoid wasting time, I kept this single colour. This is something I should look into further with this modifier as I must have made a mistake with the layout of materials alongside the modifier.



No comments:
Post a Comment