Popular

Featured

Glock- 19 Gen 5 - Entry 4 Model Complete

  This blog is very late posted to the point I have finished the mesh of the Glock. There have been some personal events that have taken tim...

Diary Entry 17/08/26

 Today I finished off the Blender basics tutorial with rendering and basic lighting. I added in some point lights to act as a skyline as well as a sun. I then added some planes to act as blockers for directional light and to give the environment a more roomy feel. I played around with the lighting in the scene as well as some camera settings and render engines, both cycles and EEVEE.

As you can see here this is the scene as well as the hierarchy with items parented to each other. Below you can see the renders of the doughnut and the mug. The first image was rendered with cycles and the second EEVEE. You can see the stark difference. Cycles looks much better but needless to say lighting needs improving. In future tutorials I will play around with more of the tools to offer.

As well as the point lights, a volume light probe was used to project more natural casting shadows around the doughnut as well as depth of field adjustments for the doughnut to be the primary focus. 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment